Saturday, November 5, 2011

Festival!

What a brilliant day at the NSW Writers' Centre Speculative Fiction Festival. Kate Forsyth and Centre Staff did a fantastic job and the whole thing went smoothly, including the launch of Anywhere but Earth. Richard, Alan and Margo read to a quiet crowd on the sunny lawn and afterwards we sold mucho books.

I also really enjoyed the two panels I was on. The Publisher's Talk was a great cross section of indy and mainstream publishing, and thanks to Leigh Blackmore for this picture of the panel.

L to R: Russell Farr (Ticonderoga), Me, Claire Craig (PanMac), Zoe Walton (Random House), Stephanie Smith (HarperVoyager)







In the afternoon, it was time for the Small Press Panel with Russell, me, David Henley of Seizure Magazine, my old mate Stuart Mayne, and Alan Baxter of Blade Red Press. I think everyone enjoyed themselves as much as me.

Today I'm finally relaxing after that long climb to get ABE out. It's been worth it, the view up here is great, but it's time to smell the flowers for a while.
Post a Comment